It might seem tempting to check out prospective buyers as they view your home. After all you know the place, the neighbours etc. But statistics show that your house is more likely to sell when someone neutral shows people around. Weekes Estate Agents explain further…
• The less people and pets in the house the more airy and spacious it will feel to prospective buyers.
• Statistics show that buyers typically prefer to look at a home without the seller present so they can feel more comfortable exploring the rooms and visualising themselves in the property.
• Estate agents can get valuable honest feedback from visitors that they wouldn’t feel comfortable giving to the home owners.
• Your agent is able to look at your home objectively and suggest ways to improve its appearance, such as minor repairs and room layouts so that it appeals to more buyers.
• A good agent is able to form a rapport with prospective buyers as they show them around, which can help you when it comes to them negotiating a contract that not only garners you an appropriate price for your home, but that meets your needs for a completion date.
So grab your picnic, kids, dog (delete as appropriate) and leave it to the experts!
Most of the Weekes team have children so we’ve brainstormed 12 of our favourite things to do this summer with the children when you’re out during a viewing.
TOP 12 KIDS ACTIVITIES
Cycle to the Turf Locks
Check out the Exeter University open air pool at Cornwall House
Take the train to Exmouth and go crabbing on the harbour
Forest craft at Ashclyst or Haldon
Family walk at Fingle Bridge (Photo above courtesy of Exploring Exeter's Blog - which also give more information and directions.) https://www.exploringexeter.co.uk/fingle-bridge-dartmoor/
Take a picnic up to the Iron age fort on Woodbury Common (15-20 minute drive)
Treat the kids to a session at iBounce, Climp N’ Climb or the Reboot Rollerdisco at Clifton Gym Saturday afternoon/eve
Take the kids and their scooters or skateboards to Flowerpot Skatepark
Try out some farm activities and craft at West Town Farm or Shillingford Farm
The Bear Trail – a muddy adventure in Cullompton (15-20 minute drive)
Take some chalk paint pens to Budleigh beach and paint some pebbles
Look at the latest exhibitions and activities at RAMM in the city centre
For more property advice or to find out how much your property is worth contact Weekes Estate Agents in St Leonard’s, Exeter on 01392 459922.